The Third Annual Oregon Pinot Gris Symposium is announced by Oak Knoll Winery, as Oregon Pinot Gris continues to gather national awareness and the effort for understanding it continues.
The Third Annual Oregon Pinot Gris Symposium will be held on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at Oak Knoll Winery.
This year’s focus is going to be “What the marketing efforts for Oregon Pinot Gris should cohesively be.” The event continues with the interactive prototype panel discussion brought to Oregon wine producers, winemakers and wine grower, by Oak Knoll Winery. This year’s event will have a new twist; producers are encouraged to bring their marketing directors with them. Nationally renowned wine writers continue to also participate, offering their perspectives. The discussion will also include a technical tasting of Oregon Pinot Gris from the panelists.
Wineries in attendance to date:
|A Blooming Hill Vineyard||Melrose Vineyards|
|Adelsheim Vineyard||Naked Wines LLC|
|Anindor Vineyards||Oak Knoll Winery|
|Apolloni Vineyards||Ruby Vineyard|
|David Hill Vineyards & Winery||Sokol Blosser Winery|
|Eola Hills Wine Cellars Inc.||Ste. Michelle Wine Estates|
|Iris Vineyards||Walnut City Wineworks|
|Left Coast Cellars|
Oregon Pinot Gris Symposium presented by Oak Knoll Winery
For Proprietors, Winemakers, Grape Growers and MARKETERS
Seating is Limited.
Attendees will be welcomed by President Greg Lint and Jeff Herinckx (Winemaker):
- KEYNOTE ~ “Oregon Pinot Gris, Regarding its Terroir” ~ Andy Perdue (Author, Wine Writer, Judge, Publisher Great Northwest Wines) and Eric Degerman (Co-owner, Great Northwest Wine, covering the wines of WA, OR, BC and ID)
- ENOLOGY ~ “Historical Perspective of Pinot Gris in Oregon, the First State in the U.S. to Plant Pinot Gris, Oregon Leads the Way” ~ Dave Adelsheim ~ Adelsheim Vineyard in Willamette Valley
- MARKETING ~ “Beginning of SWOT Analysis: Strengths and Weaknesses of Oregon Pinot Gris” ~ Paul Gregutt ~ Author, Wine Enthusiast, paulgregutt.com, Waitsburg Cellars
- MARKETING ~ “Continuing of SWOT Analysis: Opportunities and Threats of Oregon Pinot Gris” ~ Dewey Weddington ~ Oregon Wine Board
- MARKETING ~ “Decoding and Recording the Marketing Message for 2013 to 2014, from SWOT” ~ Greg Lint ~ Oak Knoll, Hillsboro, Willamette Valley
LUNCHEON w/MEDIA ~ 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- BEST OF THE OREGON PINOT GRIS TASTING ~ 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. With MEDIA
The event continues to be one of exploration, education, and enlightenment.
Registrations on line: https://www.oakknollwinery.com/pinot_gris_symposium.aspRead More