Oregon, Get your Gris On!™ is coming right along….
On August 17 and 18, 2013, each winery below will be focused on their Oregon Pinot Gris…Oregon’s Other Pinot, with an Oregon Get Your Gris On!™ day.
Oregon, Get your Gris On!™ ~ Will you be there to be Foursquare?
- Airlie Winery ~ Will be pouring the 09, 10, 11 PGs as a vertical. Winemaker Elizabeth Clark will be at the winery for questions. Not usually there, this is a real treat.
- Apolloni Vineyards ~ We’re definitely doing something special for this weekend including discussion of the differences in style between Pinot Gris and Pinot Grigio, showing both of these wines, and the tasting in our new beautiful barrel cave.
- Christopher Bridge and Santori Springs Vineyard ~ Pouring two distinctly different current vintages of our Estate Pinot Gris from 2011 and 2012. If “wild tropical and exuberant” fits your style of attributes for Pinot Gris, we have the wines!
- David Hill Winery ~ We’re delighted to be part of this weekend celebrating Oregon Pinot Gris, and exactly what we’ll be doing will be determined shortly.
- Naked Wines ~ Vertical Tasting of our 08, 09, 10 and 11 Vintages from the Willamette Valley and Rogue Valley paired with Pacific Northwest Artisan Cheeses. We expect share with our guests the different flavor profiles that are expressed in the fruit of these very different growing regions e.g. we love the fruitiness of Rogue Valley fruit while we treasure the minerality of our Willamette Valley fruit.
- Oak Knoll Winery ~ We’ll doing a vertical tasting of our Oregon Pinot Gris, and pairing it with a cheese tasting of “House of Castello” fine cheeses.
Phelps Creek Vineyards ~ We’ll be showcasing our popular Phelps Creek Pinot Gris and providing a paired treat or two!
- Pudding River Wine Cellars ~ We’ll be offering a six year vertical tasting (2007-2012) of our Domaine Margelle vineyard award winning Pinot Gris to celebrate the weekend and showcase how Pinot Gris ages. We’ll also be pairing with seafood, to showcase a food and wine complement.
- Terrapin Cellars doesn’t have any wine for this event… his Oregon Pinot Gris is always a sell out – he’ll be with us in heart and spirit!
Oregon, Get Your Gris On!™ is an event that’s a result of the 2013 Oregon Pinot Gris Symposium, sponsored by Oak Knoll Winery. Oak Knoll is the leader in the Oregon Pinot Gris movement, and took to heart what wine writer Paul Gregutt has had to say for the last three years… “You need to have a tasting event for the people, if this is ever going to become ‘Oregon’s Other Pinot.'”