Oregon Pinot Gris is once more Getting its Gris on, with a statewide tasting to celebrate this varietal wine.
Oregon, Get Your Gris On!™ is wine and food nibble tasting event for consumers and is happening at wineries that want to join the fun, on Saturday and Sunday, September 27 and 28, 2014.
The second largest grape variety being grown in the state of Oregon continues to be Pinot Gris, and Oregon wineries continue to want to build on the strengths of this grape variety:
STRENGTHS of Oregon Pinot Gris
- Oregon is an perfect appellation, for place of origin
- Pinot Gris a perfect partner for Oregon Pinot Noir lovers
- The hallmarks of this variety are purity of fruit, acidity, and brightness
- It’s an extremely aromatic variety
- Price works well in restaurants for their by-the-glass program
- Pinot Gris is an excellent wine for seafood, fish, and certain cheese
- Oregon Pinot Gris’ palate texture is full and long, versus the Pinot Grigio style
- It’s a perfect “entry” wine for tasting room customers
As a result, an Oregon Pinot Gris weekend has been created, and consumers can, for the second year in a row, get ready for “Get Your Gris On!™” fun.
So far, the following wineries are committed to Getting Their Gris On!
- Christopher Bridge
- Naked Winery Hood River
- Naked Winery Bend
- Oak Knoll Winery
- Pudding River
If you’re an Oregon Winery and want to Get Your Gris On, on September 27 and 28, please just send an Email to me at email@example.com and I’ll list you, too.Read More